Cougar Card - Lost or Stolen

Audience: Students, Faculty & Staff

Cougar Card Lost or Stolen:

Your student, faculty or staff ID card is known as a Cougar Card. The Cougar Card provides basic identification, regulates campus building access and can be used to add funds, allowing you to swipe for certain University services, including: dining, vending, laundry and much more.

Report a lost or stolen card immediately to Cougar Card GET Funds and the Office for Student Affairs during regular business hours by calling 773-298-3121 or to Public Safety after hours by calling 773-298-IDID (4343).

Logging in to GET Funds and reporting your card missing will deactivate the card for meal plans. Notifying Office for Student Affairs and Public Safety will deactivate the card immediately upon notification for other purposes. If you arranged to use your Cougar Card as a PNC Bank Card, notify the bank immediately. Once you receive a replacement card, you will need to contact your local PNC Bank branch to activate your new card.

To receive a replacement card or to reactivate a card that was reported lost, go to Student Affairs, L-208, on the Chicago campus or to the Public Safety Desk in the foyer at the Orland Park campus. 

  • The replacement fee is $10.
  • The balance remaining on your card at the time it was reported missing will be available on your new card or reactivated card. Cardholders are responsible for all transactions that occur before a card is reported missing.

Residents who lose their ID over the weekend may request a Temporary ID:

  • If a resident loses his/her Cougar Card over the weekend (after 4:30 p.m. on Fridays - 8:30 a.m. on Mondays) they may contact Public Safety Dispatch (773-298-4400) to report the lost card.
  • The resident will be given the option to receive a temporary ID card that will be issued with hall access and a limited amount of funds ($25) for meal only purchases.
  • Any amount of meal funds charged to the temporary card, will be reduced from their remaining meal plan balance.
  • The temporary ID card will need to be returned to the Office of Student Affairs, L-208, when a permanent replacement card is issued. Failure to return the temporary ID will result in a $15 fine.
Was this helpful?
0% helpful - 1 review


Article ID: 7698
Fri 7/17/15 1:42 PM
Mon 2/15/16 1:38 PM